Happiness is... Extraordinary Exhibits at the 2019 Seattle Miniature Show
Hours and hours are spent perfecting these works of art— houses, room boxes, vignettes under domes, structures in small scales, and much more. Many are years in the making! Take your time, bring your camera and vote for your favorites. Extraordinary exhibits are sure to spark your own creativity!
Earn free admission! Win a cash prize!
Exhibitors contribute so much to the success of the show that they are not charged admission. Customers, dealers and exhibitors receive a ballot which is cast on Saturday, and tabulated Saturday night. The winners are announced Sunday morning and receive "mini bucks" which dealers will accept as cash at Sunday's show.
Happiness is also ... showing off your own hard work and sharing with others
Want to bring one or more exhibits to the Seattle Miniature Show? The Registration Form is at the right. Click on form to download the .pdf. Then print, complete, and mail no later than February 20, 2019:
Pat Bennett, Show Promoter,
PO Box 846, Salem, OR 97308-0846
or email form(2) to Pat at PatBennett@SeattleMiniatureShow.com.
Bring your exhibits to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton any time after 1:00 pm on Friday, March 1, until 7:00 pm. OR, you can bring it Saturday morning, March 2, between 8:00 am and 9:30 am. Everything must be in place when doors open at 10 am.
Exhibits need to be picked up on Sunday at or shortly after 4:00 p.m. when the show closes.
Youth Division - Entrants under 16 years old
• Nan's Farm House - Analycia Cornelius - 11 years old - 1" scale
Blue and white 2-story Farm House.
• Christmas at Grandma's - Evan (12) and Caleb (10) Butler - 1" scale
A Christmas night with a festive tree and a warm fire.
• A Visit to the Cabin - Asheni Bacon - 12 years old
1/2" scale dollhouse made to be the family's rustic vacation spot
• Winter's Majesty - Seraphina Bacon - 10 years old - 1/4" scale
Seraphina's take on an elegant Christmas wonderland version of Sue Herber's mouse house
• Fancy Feathers Showgirl Mannequin - Lola Mast - 10 years old - 1" scale
A Teal Showgirl costume on Mannequin stand.
• Forest Pond - Darya Oreizy (12) and Everest Oreizy (13) - 1/4" scale
This forest scene with pond and horses is a joint effort between a brother and sister.
• Caught Him Red Hatted - Gabriel Bacon - 10 years old - 1/4" scale
Little scenes in snow globe containers. Winterland crime scene, forest friends and fairy houses.
• "Popsicle" stick built, Pop Up House" - Maren Buckley - 10 years old - 1" scale
This house built entirely of popsicle sticks is "from-scratch-no pattern-no-help".
2019 Exhibits - Adult Hobbyist Division
• NAME House - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
A house designed by Debbie Young as a fund raiser for NAME in 2015.
• Salt Lake City - Campground house from Martha's Vineyard - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
A small house offered in Salt Lake City for the Utah State Day in June 2018.
• Star's Dressing Room - Rosemary Shipman - 1/2" scale
A dressing room built in a make-up case.
• Ivy Cottage - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
Gazette July/Aug 2003; Sept/Oct 2003; Nov/Dec 2003; & Jan/Feb 2004
A small Tudor courtyard. This was offered in Spokane in October in the 1" version also in a tea box.
• Bakery Shop - Ana Villanueva - 1" scale
Pink sprinkle baskery-cafe with clear roof for bird's eye view.
• Rosie's Potting Shed - Ruth Rochelle - 1" scale
Rosie loves plants and her plants love her. They happily bloom (rose bushes, daisies, gladiolas, sunflowers, hollyhocks) outside the shed and Rosie tends new flowers inside.
• Professor Snape's Laboratory - Claire Elliott - 1" scale
From the pages of Harry Potter, Professor Snape's laboratory comes to life finding Professor Snape in his cinderblock lab with herbs, secret potions and magic spells.
• Fortune Teller Gypsy Wagon - Lindsey Cunningham - 1" scale
It is what it says it is.
• Sweet Indulgence - Mary McGregor - 1" scale
A candy shop
• A Dollhouse For My Dollhouse - Joanne Harris - 1/144" scale
1/144" scale Garfield House with a photo of the "Big Sister" in the back.
• Summer Evening on Picket Pond - Peggy Zorn - 1/4" scale
Kit was collaboration between Suzanne & Andrew and the Betterlys. It is evening in the Midwest. Wildlife and lighting bugs surround the cozy cabin.
• Emporium - Jim & Ginny Constantine - 1" scale
The annual project of Jim & Ginny. Don't miss it.
• Tudor Rose - Darrell & Kathy Hall - 1" scale
Celebration of our 19th Century Welch ancestors, a cobbler, a tea merchant, and a homemaker. 3-story wattle and daub home includes a guestroom with tester bed, a tea shop, and a cobbler's workshop.
• Nob Hill - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
Electrified house by Suzanne Lardon-Tamburo. The Sunflower House is based on one in Seattle, Washington.
• Toymaker Shop with Advent Calender Furniture - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
A Debbie Young house with the furnishings mostly from the accompanying Advent Calendar. Super cute with tiny toys and tools of the trade. Even a naughty/nice list of participants from the class on the toymaker's desk.
• Secret Christmas House - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
This micro scale European style house by Robin Betterley is perched on an adorable table and brings memories of the original lithographed versions. The sides open for access, revealing secret rooms.
• French Chateau - Dora Mandell - 1/144" scale
This little "Chateau" was designed and produced in quantity, then given as a favor to each registrant of the weekend package for the Denver Museum of Miniatures Fall Show 2015.
• Artist's Loft - Carol Eastwood - 1" scale
This was a workshop in 2014 for the Denver Museum of Miniatures Fall Show taught by Judi Hamilton that I was able to take at a later time
• "Tell me the Story About Alice in Wonderland" - Brandi Bacon - 1/144" scale
Twelve scenes from Alice in Wonderland in a shadowbox. Each scene is unique and uses different materials.
• Alice "Eat Me" "Drink Me" -Brandi Bacon - 1/4" scale Alice in 3 sizes -- Super-sized, normal, and mini
• Stafford Court - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
A quaint Tudor house designed by Debbie Young.
• Maison Jacquet - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
Featured on p. 33 of the current Gazette -- a small house that is an actual restaurant in Quebec City -- also called Aux Anciens Canadien. I was fortunate enough to join the cruise of Eastern Canada.
• Teddy's Tea Party - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
A small tea party presented in early October by Kathy Abdinoor and Jersey Shore Miniature Society.
• Small Tea Room - Rosemary Shipman - 1/4" scale
A project from Gazette in March/April 2016 made in a tea box.
• There Is A Season - (Turn, Turn, Turn) - Kylie Bygland - 1" scale
Valentine's Day, Easer, Halloween and Christmas all in one place.
• Sweetheart Bedroom in a Bag - Ruth Rochelle - 1" scale
Hearts everywhere - bed, pillows, chaise, gift bags
• Manor House Library - Ruth Rochelle - 1" scale
The manor house library has it all -- comfy chair, window seat, potted plants, hidden staircase and 300+ books.
• Ocean Retirement - Katherine & Rose Madden - 1" scale
Where a retired gentleman can enjoy fishing, swimming and entertaining old friends!
• Prince's Castle - Lindsey Cunningham - 1/2" scale
Who could ask for anything more?
• Raven's Perch "Skeleton" House - Pat Williams - 1/4" scale
Petite Properties kit modified and electrified
• Oh Mister Rabbit!! - Nicola Wagenman - 1" scale
Bunnies, Easter decorations, yummy foods, and a pink Easter egg piñata!
• Gypsy Sunrise in Monument Valley - 1/4" scale
The project uses Bruce & Judy Steinke, BJ Miniatures, Witch's Wagon. The background is a picture I took while in Monument Valley, Arizona on the Navajo Indian Reservation.
• Rustic Little Fairy House - Emily Wamsley - 1/2" scale
A 2 story rugged wooden house that I made from found wood sticks and objects in nature. The roof is deconstructed pine cones.
• Gothic Christmas House - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
An electrified Debbie Young house that is beyond festive and fun.
• Sitting Room at Leeds Castle - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
A nice quiet place to rest and ponder the lovely Castle.
• Maison Jaquet House - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
Based on one of the largest houses in upper-town Quebeck in its day and is the oldest being built in 1675-76. Since 1966, the Maison Jacquet has housed the restaurant Aux Ancieens Canadiens, internationally known for its fine cuisine and warm hospitality.
• Woodland Cottage - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale
This sweet little house is a forest getaway with a charming loft over the main living area.
• The C'est La Vie Boutique with Cafe and Penthouse - Sarah Westenberg - 1/4" scale - electrified
An Art Nouveau inspired structure designed by Suzanne and Andrew's Minis and True@Scale. A bakery on the ground floor, a boutique on the second with living space in the Penthouse. The exterior incorporates intricately cut tree branches and beautiful stained glass windows.
• Safari Room - Carol Eastwood - 1" scale
I found the case in Louisiana and three of us bought and challenged each other to finish a safari room.
• Bacon Family Shops on Main Street - Brandi Bacon - 1/144" scale
When the Bacon's tooth fairies needed recreation time we made our version of Main St. just for them. Sweet shop, coffee place, toy stores and more all fairy sized.
Town in the Round - by Girls in the Garage
The members of our club, Girls in the Garage, each did a 1/4" shop or business and we are displaying them on a 24" round turntable. All have electric via batteries.
Ladies Boutique - Georgia Matuschak
Quilt Shop - Pat Williams
French Cafe - MaryLee Hyman
Wild Flour - Nancy Richmond
Wee Townhouse - Patsy Girlando
The Pub - Janet Oliver