Happiness is... Extraordinary Exhibits at the 2022 Seattle Miniature Show
Hours and hours are spent perfecting these works of art— houses, room boxes, vignettes under domes, structures in small scales, and much more. Many are years in the making! Take your time, bring your camera and vote for your favorites. Extraordinary exhibits are sure to spark your own creativity!
Earn free admission! Win a cash prize!
Exhibitors contribute so much to the success of the show that they are not charged admission. Customers, dealers and exhibitors receive a ballot which is cast on Saturday, and tabulated Saturday night. The winners are announced Sunday morning and receive "mini bucks" which dealers will accept as cash at Sunday's show.
Happiness is also ... showing off your own hard work and sharing with others
Want to bring one or more exhibits to the Seattle Miniature Show? The Registration Form is at the right. Click on form to download the .pdf. Then print, complete, and e-mail no later than February 27, 2022:
Pat Bennett, Show Promoter,
8983 Ranay Dr SE, Salem, OR 97317
or email form(2) to Pat at PatBennett@SeattleMiniatureShow.com.
Bring your exhibits to the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton any time after 1:00 pm on Friday, March 4, until 7:00 pm. OR, you can bring it Saturday morning, March 5, between 8:00 am and 9:30 am. Everything must be in place when the doors open to the sales room at 10 am.
Exhibits need to be picked up on Sunday at or shortly after 4:00 p.m. when the show closes.
Adult Hobbyist Division
• Rik Pierce House Cover Dollhouse Miniatures, March 2001 - Rosemary Shipman
I've always wanted a Rik Pierce house so I made my own!! Small Tudor house developed from the cover of Dollhouse Miniatures, 3/2001. 1/4" scale
• The Olde Cottage - Rosemary Shipman
Kit from Kristie Norman at the start of COVID! A small cottage that splits in half. 1/4" scale
• Mill Pond House from Petite Properties - Rosemary Shipman
Tudor mill house made into a cottage. 1/4" scale
• Stagglethorpe (Winter) - Rosemary Shipman
Petite Properties design - British Tudor house all dressed for winter. 1/4" scale
• Just Home from the Opera - Dolly Wyttenberg
Scene in a gold frame with a fur stole. 1" scale
• A Tempting, Secluded Tea Party - Dolly Wyttenberg
A tea party in a glass terrarium. 1" scale
• Dress Shop in a Cabinet - Georgia Matuschak
3 floors of ladies wear in a cabinet done in black and white. 1/2" scale
• Book Project - Sheri O'Brien
This is a class I am teaching. All the decorations are handmade.
• Lady's Wishes - Alida Lopez
This roombox was started after a class of Lisa Engler's "Enchanted Jewels". I bought many of her kits and added other items I had collected or made. 1" scale
• Below Decks - Kylie Bygland
A dilapidated shop on an even more dilapidated dock. "Watch Your Step!"
• Yule Log Cake Cabin - Tracey McDowell
A cozy cabin tucked into a snowy scene.
• Dead Man's Chest - Peggy Zorn
A pirate ship? 1/4" scale
• Where's Billy? - Peggy Zorn
The young baby Billy goat is getting himself in trouble.
• "I'm going to Disneyland" - Brandi Bacon
The Bacon family loves all things Disneyland so a Disneyland shop scene was made for them to visit.
• Hermann's Bakery - Raymond Kermann
My depiction of my families' bakery in Royal Oak, MI.
• Anticipating Goldie Lock's Visit - Kim McNamara
Vintage log cabin with three Stieff bears and their families enjoying their Dora Kuhn furniture
• Who Let the Pets Out? - Nicola Wagenman
One room museum of a variety of animal portraits and pets looking at all the portraits. 1" scale
• For Our Amilia! - Nicola Wagenman
Easter party, candy, food, Easter bunnies, flamingos, funny decorations, and party lights! - 1" scale
• Adoorable - Rosemary Shipman
Small cottage from Debbie Young - bought at March show 3/2020. 1/4" scale
• Painted Ladies - "Girls in Garage" club project designed by Georgia Matuschak and built from scratch. - Pat Williams and Georgia Matuschak
• European Tour - Kate and Rose Madden
Four small examples of kitchens or cafes from European countries. 1" scale
• Camping Getaway - Jane Worden
Time to get away from the big city and out to the
joys of nature. - 1" scale
• Old Route 66 Classic Service Station - Darrell Hall
1930s era Gulf Service Station open for business on old Route 66. Featuring 1936 Indian motorcycle, 1939 Chevy convertible, and 1939 Studebaker pickup. Offering oil changes, gas refills and repairs. Eagle-eyed views will spot a vintage hot rod motor, fully-equipped tool chest. - 1" scale
• Painted Ladies - "Girls in Garage" club project
Designed by George Matuschak and built from scratch. 1/4" scale
• A Day in the Sunshine - Sandra Seet
Little girl sitting in a gazeo with baby brother in their backyard. 1" scale
• Truck & Trailer - Rosemary Shipman
When I am an old woman I shall wear red & purple! ----
and travel luxuriously. 1/4" scale.
• Castle - Rosemary Shipman
A very small castle inherited by the 29th in line for the throne! 1/4" scale
• Windmill - A Karen Carey Kit - Rosemary Shipman
Sweet little cottage made from a windmill kit. 1/4" scale
• Gals, Gangsters and Gatsby - Rosemary Shipman
Made from instructions in Souvenir book Sept. 2016 -- designed by Cat Wingler. 1/4" scale
• Birthday Party from Gazette Jan/Feb 2021 - Rosemary Shipman
Small living room in 6" dome ready for a birthday party! Designed by Cat Wingler. 1/4" scale
• "French Quarter" - Dolly Wyttenberg
The box was given to me. It just looked like it had to be something French. 1" scale
• My Heart Christ's Home - Dolly Wyttenberg
Created from the book My Heart Christ's Home by Robert Munger. The book describes each room and how each room in your heart belongs to God when we belong to Him. 1/4" scale.
• Sea Shell Shed - Cathy Haynes
Store on a pier. 1" scale
• The Mouse's Seamstress - Ashley Eide
A fully furnished dress and alterations store in an old sewing basket. 1/4" scale
• Working Around the Clock - Alida Lopez
A clock container found during our many antique searches. Filled with collected items, kits and homemade shelving and books, etc. 1" scale
• Kylie Cellars - Kylie Bygland
Wine cellar and testing room
• Cat Lady Craftsman - Sarah Naylor
A Debbie Young 1/4" scale Washington Heights bungalow on a 7" round with glass dome
• Petite Painted Lady - Sarah Naylor
144" scale Greenleaf Beacon Hill on a board with plexiglass case
• February, 1952 - Peggy Zorn
Baby Peggy is going to be brought home for the first time in Iowa. House is Debbie Young's Avalon. 1/4" scale
• Dancing Gypsy Pirate Tavern - Kate and Rose Madden
Haunted pirate tavern. 1" scale
• Working Toys - Barbara Kalty
Seven toys that all are mechanical which I have made. 1" scale
Youth Division - Entrants under 16 years old
(in 2020 there were more than 25 exhibits in this category)
• Tea for Sweeties! - Vivian Snyder-Darby - age 5 (going on 13)
Tea party, teacup set, candy, goodies, and dolls
celebrating Valentine's Day!
• Pink Apartment@2151 - Rhiley O'Brien -
1/4" scale Bed and Breakfast I made with my dawa (grandmother)
• Emily's Room - Emily O'Brien - age 8
1/4" scale. A wood display box with 2 bedrooms
• Tea Time - Seraphina Bacon - age 13
1/4" scale. A little tea scene in a tea hat jewelry box kit from Sue Ladybug Thwaite.
• I Love Turtles - Gabriel Bacon - age 13
1/4" scale. This is a little scene made from a turtle planter.
• Sweet Heart Cottage - Ashein Bacon - age 15
144" scale. Sweet Heart Cottage kit made from a NAME monthly challenge.